Hello and welcome to this week’s blog!
I am going to
share with you this week one of my all-time favorite wild game recipes that is
sure to win your crowd over.
Venison chili is a simple recipe that is great for the
fall and winter seasons. There are many variations of the recipe and it allows
you to get creative depending on where your taste buds take you.
Never made venison chili before? Don’t worry! I am
going to give you step by step instructions to make this wonderful dish.
Below are the ingredients you will need. You can find
all of these ingredients at your local supermarket. Follow my step by step
instructions and enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 pound ground
venison
1 cup chopped
sweet onion
1 cup chopped
red bell pepper
4 garlic
cloves, minced
3 jalapeño
pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons
chili powder
1/2 teaspoon
salt
1/2 teaspoon
ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon
ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon
freshly ground black pepper
1 (28-ounce)
can crushed tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) can
chopped tomatoes with green chili’s
1 tablespoon
tomato paste
1 (14-ounce)
can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14-ounce)
can of corn drained
Step 1:
Brown ground
venison in large pan over medium heat. Add salt, ground cumin, ground red pepper
and ground black pepper. Mix up frequently to ensure meat is fully cooked.
Step 2:
Chop up sweet
inion, red bell pepper, jalapenos. Chop to your preferred size.
Step 3:
It
is now tome to start adding your ingredients to your pot. My preferred method
is a crock pot, but you can also use a pot for the stove. In pot add crushed tomatoes, chopped tomatoes with
green chili’s, red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, can of corn drained, 1
tablespoon tomato paste and 4 garlic cloves, minced.
Add meat to pot
and cook on medium heat for 2-3 hours.
Step 5:
Grab yourself a
bowl and enjoy!
Some common add
ins to your bowl of chili that I enjoy are graded cheese, oyster crackers,
chopped onion and some extra Franks Red Hot sauce for those that like some
spice!
This looks delicious! Definitely going to have to give it a try for my next get together!
ReplyDeleteCant wait to try this recipe!
ReplyDeleteWow, I cannot wait to try this recipe this weekend! Random question: Have you every tried peanut butter on bread while eating chili? Take a bite out of a piece of bread with peanut butter on it for each spoonful of chili.
ReplyDeleteJust tried you recipe, it was awesome!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good recipe!
ReplyDeletewow I am going to try this recipe out! This sounds so delicious.
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you for sharing this amazing recipe! I can't wait to try it and make some for my friends and family.
ReplyDeleteThis is a pretty cool recipe. I am definitely trying it this weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat looks amazing! Planning on giving it a try this weekend, I hope mine looks as good as your picture!
ReplyDeleteVenison chili is the single most thing that in enjoy about hunting with my family.
ReplyDelete