So what's my story? I am an avid outdoorsman with a passion for hunting and fishing. I grew up as a kid learning the ropes and traditions that were passed down from my grandfather to my father and now to me. I love being outdoors and have passion and respect for it. In my free time you can most likely find me in the woods or on the lake with a fishing pole in my hand.
So October is upon us which means its hunting season for those whitetail deer! For those new to hunting, don't worry I will help you get started with this great sport. This week I am going to talk about early October bow hunting and some preparations to take for those new to the sport.
Bow season is my favorite time of year. The weather is mild, you get those beautiful sunny days, the colors are beautiful and its a great time to be outside. I mainly prefer hunting from a tree stand in October bow season. With the mild weather it is something to take advantage of.
There are two main types of stands, hang-on stands and climber stands. Check it out below:
A hang-on stand is exactly what it sounds like, it hangs on the tree with a ladder going up to it. A climber is a stand that is actually used to climb the tree with. This takes some expertise and experience to use. If you are new to the sport your best bet is a hang-on. I feel a bit more comfortable in one.
GOLDEN RULE: Remember those tree stand harnesses!!! Safety is number one out there!
I hope you found this information helpful. There is more to come next week. Get out there and enjoy what mother nature has to offer!
Wow! I really like how easy your blog is to read. I have seen so many that are cluttered and utilize horrible fond but your use of color, pictures, and bold where it is needed makes your blog much more attractive to read. I also really like your topic of hunting and great choice for this time of year!
ReplyDelete